Re: Is there an negative relationship between storage utilization and ceph performance?

Hi again,
... after a long time!

Now I have change the whole ceph-cluster from xfs to ext4 (60 OSDs),
change tunables and fill the cluster again.

So I can compare the bench values.

For my setup the cluster runs better with ext4 than with xfs - latency
drop from ~14ms to ~8ms. (rados -p test bench 60 seq --no-cleanup)
Still with the old tunables.

Now with the new tunables (and filled again to 65%) the read performance
was also much better - raised from 440MB/s to ~760MB/s.

The write performance was less after before, but I had problems with the
read-performance (write was OK for me).

I lost a little bit of space - the weight of reach disk was 3.64 before
and 3.58 now.

For me it's looks, that the storage utilization has less impact with
ext4 and ext4 performs better than xfs!

Udo