Re: redundancy with 2 nodes

The number of monitors recommended and the fact that a voting quorum is the way it works is covered here:

http://ceph.com/docs/master/rados/deployment/ceph-deploy-mon/

but I agree that you should probably not get a HEALTH OK status when you have just setup 2 (or in fact any even number of) monitors...HEALTH WARN would make more sense, with a wee message suggesting adding at least one more!

Regards

Mark