Re: ARM v8

On 12/22/2014 09:28 AM, Loic Dachary wrote:
> You will need to compile them from source. Depending on the
distribution you
> may also want to compile google perftools and tcmalloc: I'm not
> sure why exactly but that has been repored to help. I strongly
> advise that
you run
> make check ( or run-make-check.sh if you compile master ) to
exercise the
> binaries and see if they work as they should. ARMv8 has been
> tested
a few
> weeks ago with success, you should be good :-)

One thing I'll add is that Fedora does ship an ARM v8 distro, and the
latest Ceph Firefly packages are available from Fedora (including ARM
builds).

That's just Fedora - I'm not aware of any RHEL 7-based ARM distro yet.

(There is RedSleeve for EL6, but I've not used it, and I'm unsure of
how closely they follow the upstream EPEL project. And Ceph on EL6
uses a couple things from EPEL, for now.)

- Ken