Re: Have 2 different public networks

[Oh, sorry Craig for my mistake: I sent my response to your
personal address instead of sending it to the list. Sorry for
the duplicate. I send my message to list]

Hello,

Le 19/12/2014 19:17, Craig Lewis a écrit :

> I'm not using mon addr lines, and my ceph-mon daemons are bound to 0.0.0.0:*.

And do you have several IP addresses on your server?
Can you contact the *same* monitor process with different IP addresses?
For instance:
    telnet -e ']' ip_addr1 6789
    telnet -e ']' ip_addr2 6789

> I have no [mon.#] or [osd.#] sections at all.

Ok.

> I do have the global mon host line.

Please, could you post your ceph.conf here (or just lines about monitors)?
During my tests, I can't have monitors which is bound on several
addresses. I have tried to remove [mon.*] sections like you and to put :

# ceph-node$i are the "hostname -s) of my nodes.
mon host = ceph-node1, ceph-node2, ceph-node3

in the [global] section but it's doesn't work.

There is something that I don't understand. Personally I
don't use ceph-deploy and I use manual deployment (because
I want to make a Puppet deployment of my labs for Ubuntu Trusty
with Ceph Firefly) and when I create my cluster with the
first monitor, I have to generate a monitor map with this
command:

    monmaptool --create --add {hostname} {ip-address} --fsid {uuid} /tmp/monmap
                                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^

And I have to provide an IP address, so it seems logical to me
that a monitor is bound to only one IP address.

Can you post your monitors map?
    ceph mon getmap -o /tmp/monmap
    monmaptool --print /tmp/monmap

> If it's not a traffic volume problem, can you allow the 10.0.2.0/24 network
> to route to the 10.0.1.0/24 network, and open the firewall enough? There
> should be enough info in the network config to get the firewall working:
> http://docs.ceph.com/docs/next/rados/configuration/network-config-ref/

Yes indeed, It could be enough. But I find it a shame to do this
workaround because I'm not able to have monitors bound to several
IP addresses. ;)

Thanks for your help Craig.
Regards.

--