Re: Double-mounting of RBD

Hello,

> I have a somewhat interesting scenario. I have an RBD of 17TB formatted using
> XFS. I would like it accessible from two different hosts, one mapped/mounted
> read-only, and one mapped/mounted as read-write. Both are shared using Samba
> 4.x. One Samba server gives read-only access to the world for the data. The
> other gives read-write access to a very limited set of users who
> occasionally need to add data.
>

> However, when testing this, when changes are made to the read-write Samba
> server the changes don’t seem to be seen by the read-only Samba server. Is
> there some file system caching going on that will eventually be flushed?

I think that this a normal behaviour as your read only filesystem is not
aware that some writes occurred. To achieve your goal I think that you
should use some clustered filesystem [1] in order that the read-only
server know that some writes occurred in the filesystem.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clustered_file_system

Regards,

Olivier DELHOMME.