Re: Fastest way to shrink/rewrite rbd image ?

>>Does it work with virtio-blk if you attach the RBD as a LUN?

virtio-blk don't support discard and triming

>> Supposedly, SCSI pass-through works in this mode, e.g.

SCSI pass-through works only with virtio-scsi, not virtio-blk

>>However, it seems that virtio-scsi is slowly becoming preferred over
>>virtio-blk. Are there any disadvantages to using virtio-scsi now?

It's a little bit slower sometimes.
(but I can be faster than virtio-blk with multiqueues and iscsi passtrough).

With librbd, I see a little slowdown vs virtio-blk (maybe 20% slower).

>>Does it support live migration?
yes of course