Re: Multiple rules in a ruleset: any examples? Which rule wins?

On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 3:11 PM, Anthony Alba <ascanio.alba7@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks! What happens when the lone rule fails? Is there a fallback
> rule that will place the blob in a random PG? Say I misconfigure, and
> my choose/chooseleaf  don't add up to pool min size.

There's no built-in fallback rule or anything like that. If the rule
fails to map for new PGs, they will just not be created. If you have
existing PGs and something changes so they don't map, then they will
generally continue to run on the OSDs they were previously stored on.
No data is ever removed until it's already fully replicated, so
breaking your rules can cause various liveness issues with your
cluster but it will never compromise data durability.
-Greg