Re: Strange configuration with many SAN and few servers

Yep! I mean, you don't do anything to register the osd with the cluster again, you just turn it on and it goes to register its new location.
-Greg
On Sat, Nov 8, 2014 at 2:35 AM Mario Giammarco <mgiammarco@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Gregory Farnum <greg@...> writes:

>  and then to "replace the server" you could hair mount the LUNs somewhere
else and turn on the OSDs. You would need to set a few config options (like
the one that automatically updates crush location on boot), but it shouldn't
be too difficult.

Thank you for your reply!
So basically you confirm that all OSD data stays in the lun and in the
server I must put only a "standard" ceph install and then I can "add again"
the osd, am I right?

Thanks again,
Mario