Re: emperor -> firefly 0.80.7 upgrade problem

On Thu, Nov 6, 2014 at 11:27 AM, Chad Seys

> Also, are you certain that osd 20 is not up?
> -Sam

Yep.

# ceph osd metadata 20
Error ENOENT: osd.20 does not exist

So part of ceph thinks osd.20 doesn't exist, but another part (the
down_osds_we_would_probe) thinks the osd exists and is down?

You'll have trouble until osd.20 exists again.

Ceph really does not want to lose data.  Even if you tell it the osd is gone, ceph won't believe you.  Once ceph can probe any osd that claims to be 20, it might let you proceed with your recovery.  Then you'll probably need to use ceph pg <pgid> mark_unfound_lost.

If you don't have a free bay to create a real osd.20, it's possible to fake it with some small loop-back filesystems.  Bring it up and mark it OUT.  It will probably cause some remapping.  I would keep it around until you get things healthy.

If you create a real osd.20, you might want to leave it OUT until you get things healthy again.