PG inconsistency

Hello Cephers,
Recently we observed a couple of inconsistencies in our Ceph cluster, there were two major patterns leading to inconsistency as I observed: 1) EIO to read the file, 2) the digest is inconsistent (for EC) even there is no read error).

While ceph has built-in tool sets to repair the inconsistencies, I also would like to check with the community in terms of what is the best ways to handle such issues (e.g. should we run fsck / xfs_repair when such issue happens).

In more details, I have the following questions:
1. When there is inconsistency detected, what is the chance there is some hardware issues which need to be repaired physically, or should I run some disk/filesystem tools to further check?
2. Should we use fsck / xfs_repair to fix the inconsistencies, or should we solely relay on Ceph's repair tool sets?

It would be great to hear you experience and suggestions.

BTW, we are using XFS in the cluster.

Thanks,
Guang