Question about logging

We are looking to forward all of our Ceph logs to a centralized syslog server. In the manual[1] it talks about log settings, but I'm not sure about a few things.
  1. What is "clog"?
  2. If syslog is the logging facility are the logs from all daemons merged into the same "file"? Is there a prefix associated with the daemon for each line sent to syslog (i.e. osd.34)?
  3. I assume that since the syslog configuration items are not listed under mon/osd/etc that they can either be a global or a sub-component setting. Is this assumption correct?
I think ideally, we would like to have each of the daemons broken out into separate files on the syslog host, including a separate audit log (so it can't be tampered with). Anyone already doing this with rsyslog and would be willing to share their rsyslog conf?

Thanks,
Robert LeBlanc

[1] http://ceph.com/docs/giant/rados/troubleshooting/log-and-debug/#logging-settings