Re: Continuous OSD crash with kv backend (firefly)

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 1:37 PM, Haomai Wang <haomaiwang@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> maybe you can run it directly with debug_osd=20/20 and get ending logs
> ceph-osd -i 1 -c /etc/ceph/ceph.conf -f
>
> On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 6:34 PM, Andrey Korolyov <andrey@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 1:28 PM, Haomai Wang <haomaiwang@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> You mean osd.1 exited abrptly without ceph callback trace?
>>> Anyone has some ideas about this log? @sage @gregory

>>> --
>>> Best Regards,
>>>
>>> Wheat
>>

>> With log-file specified, it adds just following line at very end:
>>
>> 2014-10-29 13:29:57.437776 7ffa562c9840 -1  ** ERROR: osd init failed:
>> (22) Invalid argument
>>
>> the stdout printing seems a bit broken and do not print this at all
>> (and store output part is definitely is not detailed enough to make
>> any conclusions, and even file a bug). CCing Sage/Greg.
>

> --
> Best Regards,
>
> Wheat

-f does not print the last line to stderr either. Ok, it looks like
very minor separate bug, but I remembering its appearance long before,
so but as bug remains, probably it does not bother anyone - the stderr
output is less usual for debugging purposes.