Re: Can't start osd- one osd alway be down.

It looks like you're running into http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/5699

You're running 0.80.7, which has a fix for that bug.  From my reading of the code, I believe the fix only prevents the issue from occurring.  It doesn't work around or repair bad snapshots created on older versions of Ceph.

Were any of the snapshots you're removing up created on older versions of Ceph?  If they were all created on Firefly, then you should open a new tracker issue, and try to get some help on IRC or the developers mailing list.