Re: pgs stuck in 'incomplete' state, blocked ops, query command hangs

When I had PGs stuck with down_osds_we_would_probe, there was no way I could convince Ceph to give up on the data while those OSDs were down.

I tried ceph osd lost, ceph pg mark_unfound_lost, ceph pg force_create_pg.  None of them would do anything.

I eventually re-formatted the down OSD, and brought it back online.  It started backfilling, and the down_osds_we_would_probe emptied out.  Once that happened, ceph pg force_create_pg finally worked.  It didn't work right away though... if I recall, the PGs went into the creating state, and stayed there for many hours.  They finally created when another OSD restarted.