radosGW balancer best practices

Dear all,

we are going to add rados-gw to our ceph cluster (144 OSD on 12 servers + 3 monitors connected via 10giga network) and we have a couple of questions.

The first question is about the load balancer, do you have some advice based on real-world experience?

Second question is about the number of gateway instances: is it better to have many little&giga-connected servers or less fat&10giga-connected servers considering that the total bandwidth available is 10 giga anyway? Do you use real or virtual servers? Any advice in terms of performances and reliability?

Many thanks!

Simone

--
Simone Spinelli <simone.spinelli@xxxxxxxx> Università di Pisa Direzione ICT - Servizi di Rete