Re: Misconfigured caps on client.admin key, anyway to recover from EAESS denied?

On Monday, October 13, 2014, Anthony Alba <ascanio.alba7@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> You can disable cephx completely, fix the key and enable cephx again.
>
> auth_cluster_required, auth_service_required and auth_client_required

That did not work: i.e disabling cephx in the cluster conf and
restarting the cluster.
The cluster still complained about failed authentication.

>I *believe* if you grab the monitor key you can use that to make the
>necessary changes, though. Otherwise hacking at the monitor stores is
>an option.

You mean use the mon. key but as the client.admin user?

It's been a while since I've done this, but once upon a time you could use the mon key and the ID "mon." and then send mon commands from the ceph cli. I'd try that.
-Greg

- anthony