Re: Misconfigured caps on client.admin key, anyway to recover from EAESS denied?

On 14-10-14 00:53, Anthony Alba wrote:
> Following the manual starter guide, I set up a Ceph cluster with HEALTH_OK,
> (1 mon, 2 osd). In testing out auth commands I misconfigured the
> client.admin key by accidentally deleting  "mon 'allow *'".
>
> Now I'm getting EACESS denied for all ceph actions.
>
> Is there a way to recover or recreate a new client.admin key.

You can disable cephx completely, fix the key and enable cephx again.

auth_cluster_required, auth_service_required and auth_client_required

Set it to 'none' and restart the monitors and OSDs. You can also inject
it through the admin socket if you want to.

> Key was:
>
> client.admin
>         key: ABCDEFG...
>         caps: [mon] allow *
>         caps: [osd] allow *
>
> Misconfigured
>         key: ABCDEFG...
>         caps: [osd] allow *
>
> ...now all ceph commands fail, so I'm not sure how to start fixing the
> key on the mons/osds.
>
> - anthony

Wido den Hollander
42on B.V.