RBD on openstack glance+cinder CoW?

Hi All,

We're running Firefly on the ceph side and Icehouse on the OpenStack
side & I've pulled the recommended nova branch from
https://github.com/angdraug/nova/tree/rbd-ephemeral-clone-stable-icehouse

according to http://ceph.com/docs/master/rbd/rbd-openstack/#booting-from-a-block-device:

"When Glance and Cinder are both using Ceph block devices, the image
is a copy-on-write clone, so it can create a new volume quickly"

I'm not seeing this, even though I have glance setup in such away that
nova does create copy on write clones when booting ephemeral instances
of the same image.  Cinder downloads the glance RBD than pushes it
back up as full copy.

Since Glance -> Nova is working (has the show_image_direct_url=True
etc...) I suspect a problem with my Cinder config, this is what I
added for rbd support:

[rbd]
volume_driver=cinder.volume.drivers.rbd.RBDDriver
rbd_pool=volumes
rbd_ceph_conf=/etc/ceph/ceph.conf
rbd_flatten_volume_from_snapshot=false
rbd_max_clone_depth=5
glance_api_version=2
rbd_user=<USER>
rbd_secret_uuid=<UUID>
volume_backend_name=rbd

Note it does *work* just not doing CoW.  Am I missing something here?

Thanks,
-Jon