RGW hung, 2 OSDs using 100% CPU

Hi Craig,

just dug this up in the list archives.

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 2:04 AM, Craig Lewis <clewis at centraldesktop.com> wrote:
> In the interest of removing variables, I removed all snapshots on all pools,
> then restarted all ceph daemons at the same time.  This brought up osd.8 as
> well.

So just to summarize this: your 100% CPU problem at the time went away
after you removed all snapshots, and the actual cause of the issue was
never found?

I am seeing a similar issue now, and have filed
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/9503 to make sure it doesn't get lost
again. Can you take a look at that issue and let me know if anything
in the description sounds familiar?

You mentioned in a later message in the same thread that you would
keep your snapshot script running and "repeat the experiment". Did the
situation change in any way after that? Did the issue come back? Or
did you just stop using snapshots altogether?

Cheers,
Florian