Problem with customized crush rule for EC pool

Hi,

It is indeed possible that mapping fails if there are just enough racks to match the constraint. And the probability of a bad mapping increases when the number of PG increases because there is a need for more mapping. You can tell crush to try harder with

step set_chooseleaf_tries 10

Be careful though : increasing this number will change mapping. It will not just fix the bad mappings you're seeing, it will also change the mappings that succeeded with a lower value. Once you've set this parameter, it cannot be modified.

Would you mind sharing the erasure code profile you plan to work with ?

Cheers