How to replace an node in ceph?

Hello,

On Thu, 4 Sep 2014 20:56:31 +0800 Ding Dinghua wrote:

Aside from what Loic wrote, why not replace the network controller or if
it is onboard, add a card?

> Hi all,
>         I'm new to ceph, and apologize if the question has been asked.
>
>         I have setup a 8-nodes ceph cluster, and after two months
> running, network controller of an node is broken, so I have to replace
> the node with an new one.
>         I don't want to trigger data migration, since all I want to do is
> replacing a node, not shrink the cluster and then enlarge the cluster.

Well, you will have (had) data migration unless your cluster was set to
noout from the start or had a "mon osd downout subtree limit" set
accordingly.

>         I think the following steps may work:
>         1)  set osd_crush_update_on_start to false, so when osd starts,
> it won't modify crushmap and trigger data migration.
I think the noin flag might do that trick, too.

>           2)  set noout flags to prevent osds been kicked out of cluster
> and trigger data migration
Probably too late at this point...

>           3)  mark all osds on the broken node down(actually, since
> network controller is broken, these osds are already down)
And not out?

Regards,

Christian

chibi at gol.com   	Global OnLine Japan/Fusion Communications