Asked for emperor, got firefly. (You can't take the sky from me?)

On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 2:50 PM, Konrad Gutkowski
<konrad.gutkowski at ffs.pl> wrote:
> You need to set higher priority for ceph repo, check "ceph-deploy with
> --release (--stable) for dumpling?" thread.

Right, this is the same issue as that.  It looks like the 0.80.1
packages are coming from Ubuntu; this is the first time we have used
Ubuntu nodes instead of Debian and Debian doesn't have ceph packages
in its default repos, so we haven't seen this before.

But ceph-deploy installs the ceph repo and the packages in one step.
("ceph-deploy install hostname")

So at what point should one change the repo priority to get the desired result?

Also, is this a ceph-deploy bug?  Does it need reporting, or is there
one already?  Searching found only bug 8533, which sounds like the
same issue for yum-based repositories; that bug says it is resolved,
but it's not clear whether that applies to .deb repositories as well,
nor is it clear what version one has to be at to get the fix.

And finally, is it safe to *only* upgrade ceph-deploy?  Will newer
versions work with our 0.72.2 ceph cluster?

Thanks!