Best Practice to Copy/Move Data Across Clusters

We do it with rbd volumes.  We're using rbd export/import and netcat to
transfer it across clusters.  This was the most efficient solution, that
did not require one cluster to have access to the other clusters (though
it does require some way of starting the process on the different machines).