[Ceph-community] Remote replication

On Tue, 5 Aug 2014, Craig Lewis wrote:
> There currently isn't a backup tool for CephFS. ?CephFS is a POSIX
> filesystem, so your normal tools should work. ?It's a really large POSIX
> filesystem though, so normal tools may not scale well.

Note that CephFS does have one feature that should make efficient
incremental backup possible: there is an 'rctime' (recursive ctime)
attribute on all directories that will let you skip entire directory trees
that haven't seen a modification since the last backup pass.  This is a
ceph specific feature (nobody else has anything like it that I know of),
so I suspect getting it supported in tools like rsync will be challenging,
but I suspect a pretty simple tool can be constructed that makes this work
and can be composed in a unix-ey way with other tools into a full
solution...

sage