Openstack Havana root fs resize don't work

Hi folks,

we use Ceph Dumpling as storage backend for Openstack Havana. However our
instances are not able to resize its root filesystem.

This issue just occurs for the virtual root disk. If we start instances with
an attached volume, the virtual volume disks size is correct.

Our infrastructure:
- 1 OpenStack Controller
- 1 OpenStack Neutron Node
- 1 OpenStack Cinder Node
- 4 KVM Hypervisors
- 4 Ceph-Storage Nodes including mons
- 1 dedicated mon

As OS we use Ubuntu 12.04.

Our cinder.conf on Cinder Node:

volume_driver = cinder.volume.driver.RBDDriver
rbd_pool = volumes
rbd_secret = SECRET
rbd_user = cinder
rbd_ceph_conf = /etc/ceph/ceph.conf
rbd_max_clone_depth = 5
glance_api_version = 2

Our nova.conf on hypervisors:

libvirt_images_type=rbd
libvirt_images_rbd_pool=volumes
libvirt_images_rbd_ceph_conf=/etc/ceph/ceph.conf
rbd_user=admin
rbd_secret_uuid=SECRET
libvirt_inject_password=false
libvirt_inject_key=false
libvirt_inject_partition=-2

In our instances we see that the virtual disk isn't _updated_ in its size. It
still uses the size specified in the images.

We use growrootfs in our images as described in the documentation + verified
its functionality (we switched temporarly to LVM as the storage backend, that
works).

Our images are manually created regarding the documention (means only 1
partition, no swap, cloud-utils etc.).

Does anyone has some hints how to solve this issue?

Cheers,
Hauke