Pool size 2 min_size 1 Advisability?

Ceph has a default pool size of 3. Is it a bad idea to run a pool of size 2? What about size 2 min_size 1?

I have a cluster I'm moving data into (on RBDs) that is full enough with size 3 that I'm bumping into nearfull warnings. Part of that is because of the amount of data, part is probably because of suboptimal tuning (Proxmox VE doesn't support all the tuning options), and part is probably because of unbalanced drive distribution and multiple drive sizes.

I'm hoping I'll be able to solve the drive size/distribution issue, but in the mean time, what problems could the size and min_size changes create (aside from the obvious issue of fewer replicas)?