Adding OSD with journal on another disk

Hi there,

OS: RHEL 7.0 x86_64
ceph: 0.80.4
ceph-deploy: 1.5.9

(disks have been zapped first)

I think there might be a typo in the documentation here:
http://ceph.com/docs/master/rados/deployment/ceph-deploy-osd/#prepare-osds

If I follow by doing this:
ceph-deploy osd prepare ceph-osd1:sdc:/dev/sdb1

A data partition on sdc is created but a journal partition on sdb is
not, sdb which remains empty. Instead a regular file named /dev/sdb1 is
created on ceph-osd1 which needs to be cleaned up by deleting manually.

Dropping the partition number from the journal device name like this:
ceph-deploy osd prepare ceph-osd1:sdc:/dev/sdb
ceph-deploy osd activate ceph-osd1:/dev/sdc1:/dev/sdb1

Appears to work. Both the data and journal partitions are created, the
data partition is mounted and the OSD shows as up in the cluster.

Adding more disks and journals in the same way also seems to work fine i.e.:

ceph-deploy osd prepare ceph-osd1:sdd:/dev/sdb
ceph-deploy osd prepare ceph-osd1:sde:/dev/sdb
ceph-deploy osd activate ceph-osd1:/dev/sdd1:/dev/sdb2
ceph-deploy osd activate ceph-osd1:/dev/sde1:/dev/sdb3

This all looks good, the data partitions are created on each data disk,
the journal partitions are added (not overwritten) on the journal disk
and the journal symlinks on each mounted OSD point to a unique partition id.

Is this latter way the correct way to create OSDs with separated
journals? I guess the former way expects you to have already created the
journal partition and only behaved badly because I didn't?

Thanks,
Simon.