ceph hostnames

Hi all, I am planning to install a ceph cluster and I have 3 nodes with 2
nic for each one.
I read the documentation and it suggests to set a public netowork and a
cluster network.
Firstly I need to know if public network is the network used by clients to
mount ceph file system or to access rbd volumes and if cluster network is
used by nodes to exchange all information about cluster (replica ecc ecc
...).
If it is the correct assumption, the nodes and monitor hostnames must refer
the public network address or to the cluster network address when I use the
command ceph-deploy ?

Regards
Ignazio