ceph cinder compute-nodes

You can define the UUID in the secret.xml file.  That way you can generate
one yourself, or let it autogenerate the first one for you and then use the
same one on all the other compute nodes.

In the Ceph docs, it actually generates one using "uuidgen", then puts that
UUID in the secret.xml file itself.  See the very last part here:
http://ceph.com/docs/master/rbd/rbd-openstack/#setup-ceph-client-authentication

Hope that's clear.   It's definitely possible (and pretty much required) to
have all the nodes have the same secret UUID -- as you saw, you only put
one UUID into cinder.

 - Travis