recommendations for erasure coded pools and profile question

Hi Kenneth,

In the case of erasure coded pools, the "Replicas" should be replaced by "K+M".

$ ceph osd erasure-code-profile get myprofile
k=2
m=1
plugin=jerasure
technique=reed_sol_van
ruleset-failure-domain=osd

You have K+M=3

I proposed a fix to the documentation https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/1856 . If I understand correctly, this formula is more a helper than an exact count, otherwise it would be embedded into Ceph and the operator would not have to think about it.

  ceph --format json osd dump

will show you which pool is using which profile.

Cheers