PG Selection Criteria for Deep-Scrub

Today I noticed that deep-scrub is consistently missing some of my
Placement Groups, leaving me with the following distribution of PGs and
the last day they were successfully deep-scrubbed.

# ceph pg dump all | grep active | awk '{ print $20}' | sort -k1 | uniq -c
       5 2013-11-06
     221 2013-11-20
       1 2014-02-17
      25 2014-02-19
      60 2014-02-20
       4 2014-03-06
       3 2014-04-03
       6 2014-04-04
       6 2014-04-05
      13 2014-04-06
       4 2014-04-08
       3 2014-04-10
       2 2014-04-11
      50 2014-04-12
      28 2014-04-13
      14 2014-04-14
       3 2014-04-15
      78 2014-04-16
      44 2014-04-17
       8 2014-04-18
       1 2014-04-20
      16 2014-05-02
      69 2014-05-04
     140 2014-05-05
     569 2014-05-06
    9231 2014-05-07
     103 2014-05-08
     514 2014-05-09
    1593 2014-05-10
     393 2014-05-16
    2563 2014-05-17
    1283 2014-05-18
    1640 2014-05-19
    1979 2014-05-20

I have been running the default "osd deep scrub interval" of once per
week, but have disabled deep-scrub on several occasions in an attempt to
avoid the associated degraded cluster performance I have written about
before.

To get the PGs longest in need of a deep-scrub started, I set the
nodeep-scrub flag, and wrote a script to manually kick off deep-scrub
according to age. It is processing as expected.

Do you consider this a feature request or a bug? Perhaps the code that
schedules PGs to deep-scrub could be improved to prioritize PGs that
have needed a deep-scrub the longest.

Thanks,
Mike Dawson