Alternate pools for RGW

On 5/16/14 03:12 , Ilya Storozhilov wrote:
> Hello Ceph-community,
>

> does it possible to somehow configure RGW to use alternate pools other than predefined ones? Does it possible add additional pool to RGW to store data in as it could be  done in case of Cephfs?
>

> Thank you very much and best regards!
> Ilya

Yes.  RadosGW has placement_targets and placement_pools.

Yehuda gave a good example of creating a normal and fast pool, and
setting a user to use default to the fast pool:
http://lists.ceph.com/pipermail/ceph-users-ceph.com/2013-October/005272.html

Buckets have a placement target.  The objects in the bucket use the
bucket's placement target.  I know you can can a user's default
placement target per user.  You can also specify a placement target when
creating a bucket.  As far as I know, it can only be set at bucket
creation time.

--

*Craig Lewis*
Senior Systems Engineer

*Central Desktop. Work together in ways you never thought possible.*
Connect with us Website <http://www.centraldesktop.com/>  | Twitter
<http://www.twitter.com/centraldesktop>  | Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/CentralDesktop>  | LinkedIn
<http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=147417>  | Blog