librados with java - who is using it?

On 05/14/2014 11:47 PM, Lukac, Erik wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> me again....
>
> is there anybody who uses librados in java? It seems like my company
> would be the first one who thinks about using it and if I (as a part of
> OPS-Team) cant convince our DEV-Team to use librados and improve
> performance they'll use radosgw :(
>
> I'd like to know best practices. Maybe anybody wants to share knowledge
> with me.

The rados-java bindings were developed by me mainly for the usage inside
the CloudStack KVM Agent for RBD support.

They are however stable librados Java bindings which you can use for
direct RADOS access from Java.

I know of two companies who are using the Java bindings to write data to
RADOS directly.

Wido