Benchmark for Ceph

On 15/05/14 20:23, S?guin Cyril wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to test I/O Ceph's performances. I'm searching for a
> popular benchmark to create a dataset and run I/O tests that I can reuse
> for other distributed file systems and other tests. I have tried
> filebench but it seems not to be reproducible.
>
> Do you know any other benchmark that I can use?

Well fio (http://freecode.com/projects/fio) is pretty good, and has seen
some use on this list. Personally I find it too complex and fiddly (I
usually only want to test block based io and come up with separate read
and write numbers), so of course I wrote my own - initially in c then
decided to try out python: https://github.com/markir9/rwtest so I tend
to use that now... much easier and no need to recompile for different
chipsets!

Regards

Mark