Why number of objects increase when a PG is added

Hi,
   I was experimenting with Ceph and found an interesting behavior  (at
least to me) : Number of objects doubled when a new placement group was
added.

Experiment Set Up:

   - 3 Nodes with one OSD per node
   - Replication = 1
   - ceph osd pool create $poolName 1;
      - ceph osd pool set $poolName size 1;
   - Set number of PG=30
   - ceph osd pool set $poolName pg_num 30;
      - ceph osd pool set $poolName pgp_num 30
   - Start creating objects of 1000 Bytes for a period of 120 seconds using
   rados bench with 1 thread
   - rados -p $poolName -b 1000 -t 1 bench 120 write &> bench.out
   - While the creation is going on gather df statistics every second
   - rados df -p $poolName &> df.out
   - After 75 seconds add a new placement group
      - ceph osd pool set $poolName pg_num 31;
      - ceph osd pool set $poolName pgp_num 31;
   - Plot the number of objects and data size from the above df command.

I was wondering why the number of object count doubled when we add an new
placement group.