Slow IOPS on RBD compared to journal and backing devices

Hello,

On Thu, 08 May 2014 17:20:59 +0200 Udo Lembke wrote:

> Hi,
> I think not that's related, but how full is your ceph-cluster? Perhaps
> it's has something to do with the fragmentation on the xfs-filesystem
> (xfs_db -c frag -r device)?

As I wrote, this cluster will go into production next week, so it's
neither full nor fragmented.
I'd also think any severe fragmentation would show up in high device
utilization, something I stated that's not present.

In fact after all the initial testing I did defrag the OSDs a few days ago,
not that they actually needed it.
Because for starters it is ext4, not xfs, see:
https://www.mail-archive.com/ceph-users at lists.ceph.com/msg08619.html

For what it's worth, I never got an answer to the actual question in that
mail.

Christian