Suggestions on new cluster

Hi,

We're just getting started with ceph, and were going to pull the order to get the needed hardware ordered.  Wondering if anyone would offer any insight/suggestions on the following setup of 3 nodes:

Dual 6-core Xeon (L5639/L5640/X5650 depending on what we find)
96GB RAM
LSI 2008 based controller in IT mode
4 x 1TB Nearline SAS 7.2k rpm or
2 x SSD (1 80GB+ for OS, 1 240GB+ for Journal, probably Intel S3500/S3700 or Samsung 840 Pro, but maybe we skip with Firefly and use 10k disks)
Infiniband QDR for Cluster/Storage traffic
Dual Gig for network traffic

This is pretty close to the recommended setup, and a lot more RAM than the test setups we found.  We're going to be running proxmox containers on this setup, and the machines are low disk util, so extreme disk performance is not needed, which is why we we're using 96GB.

I saw the performance tests run, and the only thing that "scares" me is the btfrs using a huge chunk of CPU.  Will probably use ext4 Wondering if this was usage on a single core, or per core per instance of the test...

Thanks in advance

Carlos M. Perez
CMP Consulting Services
305-669-1515