advice with hardware configuration

On Tue, 6 May 2014 18:57:04 +0300 Sergey Malinin wrote:

> My vision of a well built node is when number of journal disks is equal
> to number of data disks. You definitely don't want to lose 3 journals at
> once in case of single drive failure.

While that certainly is true not everybody is having unlimited budgets.

I'd expect the DC3700 to outlast the spinning rust, especially if the
implementor is SMART enough to be replace things before something
unforetold were to happen.

However using a 100GB DC3700 with those drives isn't particular wise
performance wise. I'd at least use the 200GB ones.

Regards,

Christian