Multi-site Implementation

I assume you're talking about "Option Two: MULTI-SITE OBJECT STORAGE
WITH FEDERATED GATEWAYS", from Inktank's
http://info.inktank.com/multisite_options_with_inktank_ceph_enterprise

There are still some options.  Each zone has a master and one (or more)
replicas.  You can only write to the master zone, but you can read from
the master or replicas.  Regions and Zones live inside a Ceph clusters.
Each Ceph cluster can have multiple zones.  Each zone has it's own URL
and web servers.

Just like any replication strategy, this can be as simple or complicated
as you want to make it.  For example, you could set up a single master
zone in site one that replicates to sites 2 and 3.  Or you could setup 3
master zones that replicate in a ring, Site 1 master -> Site 2 replica,
Site 2 master -> Site 3 replica, Site 3 master -> Site 1 replica.  It's
more complicated, but it lets everybody read/write to their local
cluster, as long as you're prepared to deal with 6 different URLs.

Which setup you choose really depends on your requirements, and it
changes the answers to the rest of your questions.

*Craig Lewis*
Senior Systems Engineer
Office +1.714.602.1309
Email clewis at centraldesktop.com <mailto:clewis at centraldesktop.com>

*Central Desktop. Work together in ways you never thought possible.*
Connect with us Website <http://www.centraldesktop.com/>  | Twitter
<http://www.twitter.com/centraldesktop>  | Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/CentralDesktop>  | LinkedIn
<http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=147417>  | Blog