Ceph Multi-site Implementation

Hi all,

I have some questions about the Ceph multi-site implementation.

I am thinking to have Ceph as the storage solution for across three
internal site. I think, with a good internet connection, using the
Multi-site object storage with RADOS (or RGW) might be a good use here.
Thus, each site will have a MON node and many OSDs and replicate data
between each other. With this implementation, I hope it will allow user to
READ/WRITE from/to the local office and Ceph will take care the replication.

So my question is:

1. How does Ceph know how to retrieve data from the nearest location? (As
Ceph usually calculate where the data is through CRUSH rather than the
nearest location for the user.) Will the data be distributed evenly
throughout the three sites? If not, how can we let user to access the
_local copy_ ?
2. Is " Multi-site object storage with RADOS" a good fit for their
implementation? i.e. to READ/Write data To/From their local site? If not,
what is the best way to approach this?
3. Does Ceph use the same ID (object name?) for all its replica? Can we
access(read/write) these replica directly?
4. From this multi-site scenario, when a user write data to Ceph, will it
find the nearest OSD to put the data? When a user read data, does it always
respond from the primary data set (doesn't matter the location) or respond
from the nearest replica copy?

Thanks,

--
Shang Wu