Re: if partition name changes, will ceph get corrupted?

>> We use /dev/disk/by-path for this reason, but we confirmed that is stable
>> for our HBAs. Maybe /dev/disk/by-something is consistent with your
>> controller.
>
> The upstart/udev scripts will handle mounting and osd id detection, at
> least on Ubuntu.

I'll caution that while the OSD will be correctly ID'd you might have trouble if you've got your journals on different disks. Running Ubuntu 13.10 with ceph 0.72.2 I had my journal disk swap places with another drive on reboot and all associated OSDs failed to start. In the future I'll have ceph-deploy use /dev/disk/by-partuuid for the journals instead of /dev/sd*#.