Re: TCP failed connection attempts

On 27.03.14, 10:52, Dan Van Der Ster wrote:
On 26 Mar 2014 at 21:33:06, Sergey Malinin (hell@xxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
This is typical (output from netstat -s):

    50329019 active connections openings
    15218590 passive connection openings
    44167087 failed connection attempts

Taking into account that presumably you don't have anything besides osd daemon running on the machine, i would say that this is extraordinarily large
number indicating that something is definitely going wrong.

This was my thinking as well. I am seeing this on a test cluster with very few real clients, so most of the connect attempts should be replication from other OSDs.

This figure represents connections initiated locally, i.e. replication *to* other osds.

The suggested sysctl changes didn’t stop the failed conn attempts from increasing. I’m going to keep looking around…

sysctl has nothing to do with that since those are just counters. You can debug failed connections by logging connection resets:
iptables -I INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --tcp-flags RST RST -j LOG