Re: MDS crash when client goes to sleep

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 9:56 AM, hjcho616 <hjcho616@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am merely putting the client to sleep and waking it up.  When it is up,
> running ls on the mounted directory.  As far as I am concerned at very high
> level I am doing the same thing.  All are running 3.13 kernel Debian
> provided.
>
> When that infinite loop of decrypt error happened, I waited about 10 minutes
> before I restarted MDS.

Okay, but a sleeping client isn't going to impact the OSD/MSD
sessions. Are some of them also hosted on the client and going to
sleep at the same time?
Otherwise, how far out of sync are their clocks? They don't need to be
very close but if they're off by hours it will cause these sorts of
problems with CephX.

> Last time MDS crashed restarting MDS didn't get out of that degraded mode
> without me restarting the OSD for hours.  That's why I started restarting
> OSDs shortly after MDS restarts.  Next time I'll try to wait a bit more.
Okay, it certainly shouldn't take hours, but that makes me think it
was having the same authentication trouble as your log snippet
previously.

-Greg