The Ceph disk I would like to have

Hi,

It's not available yet but ... are we far away ?

I would like to go to the hardware store and buy a Ceph enabled disk, plug it to my internet box and use it. I would buy another for my sister and pair it with mine so we share photos and movies we like. My mail would go there too, encrypted because I would not want my sister to read it. My brother in law is likely to buy one if he knows he can pair with us and grow our family storage.

The user interface could be crude : when buying a disk and installing it somewhere, a geek is involved. I would like it to be simple and reliable. When discovering it for the first time I would like to say : "that makes sense". I don't expect something that would magically work. The HOWTO install / fix / diagnose would have to fit on a single page.

Cheers

--
Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre