发件人: ceph-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ceph-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] 代表 Yehuda Sadeh
发送时间: 2014年3月20日 2:46
收件人: Craig Lewis
抄送: ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
主题: Re:  答复: why objects are still in .rgw.buckets after deleted

The RGW objects are [for most cases] immutable. Therefore in order to provide read and write consistency we keep most of the data in immutable rados objects, and do the operations on the mutable 'head'
part of the object atomically. So this allows us to do stuff like having one user read data of the object, while a second user overwrites the object and still the first user reads data that is consistent. When an object is removed we remove the head part and the rest is later on garbage collected. When it's rewritten, we write a new immutable 'tail' for and just replace the head at the end (then the old tail is garbage collected).

Yehuda