Write performance from qemu rbd (Mysql)

Hi,

Are there any people running Mysql instances from qemu rbd?
The performance of the databases is not that great.

I've been running some tests in the past and the performance of Mysql seem
to be on par with my benchmarks when I'm running benchmarks single threaded.

Does anyone have experience running Mysql or other real-life heavy workloads from qemu and getting more then 300 IOPS?

Thx,
Robert van Leeuwen