Some Questions about using ceph with VMware

Hello everyone,

this is the first time i ever write to a mailing list, please be patient with me (especially for my poor english)…
Im trying to reach my Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Im doing a Project which involves ceph.
I’am able to setup a ceph Cluster, but there are a few things i can’t Figure out…

As I’am setting up the cluster with virtual machines im facing a little Problem:
clock skew: every time i reboot on node a clock skew is detected. If i restart the Monitor on which the clock skew is detected the Problem is gone. But this is not what i want to show in my presentation. I already enabled the VMware tools, but the Problem persists. Does it make more sense to enable NTP?

Are there any performance Issues to expect if i use a drive with ceph-disk-prepare (or activate)  /dev/sdb directly ?

Are there any (big) performance Issues to expect using these virtual drives instead of „real“ drives?

Kind regards

Florian