Re: Fluctuating I/O speed degrading over time

Hi Martin,

Good day to you, and thank you for your reply.

>I'd probably start by looking at your nodes and check if the SSDs are saturated
>or if they have high write access times.

Any recommended benchmark tool to do this? Especially those specific to Ceph OSDs and will not cause any impact on overall performance?

>Maybe test them individually directly on the cluster.

Is it possible to test I/O speed from client directly to certain OSD on the cluster? From what I understand, the PGs are being randomly mapped to any of the OSDs (based on the crush map?).

>At some point in time we accidentially had a node being reinstalled with a non-LTS
>image (13.04 I think) - and the kernel (3.5.something)  had a bug/'feature' which
>caused lots of tcp segments to be retransmittet (approx. 1/100).

Do you have any information about this bug? We are using Ubuntu 13.04 for all our Ceph nodes. If you can refer me to any documentation on this bug and how to resolve this issue, I will appreciate it very much.

Looking forward to your reply, thank you.

Cheers.