Re: Performance issues running vmfs on top of Ceph

On 02/04/2014 11:55 AM, Maciej Bonin wrote:
Hello guys,

We're testing running an esxi hv on top of a ceph backend and we're getting abysmal performance when using vmfs, has anyone else tried this successful, any advice ?
Would be really thankful for any hints.

Hi!

I don't have a ton of experience with esxi, but if you can do some rados bench or smalliobenchfs tests, that might help give you an idea if the problem is Ceph (or lower), or more related to something higher up closer to exsi. Can you describe a little more what you are seeing and what you expect?

Thanks,
Mark

Regards,
Maciej Bonin
Systems Engineer | M247 Limited
M247.com  Connected with our Customers
Contact us today to discuss your hosting and connectivity requirements
ISO 27001 | ISO 9001 | Deloitte Technology Fast 50 | Deloitte Technology Fast 500 EMEA | Sunday Times Tech Track 100
M247 Ltd, registered in England & Wales #4968341. 1 Ball Green, Cobra Court, Manchester, M32 0QT

ISO 27001 Data Protection Classification: A - Public