Re: Low RBD Performance

On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 9:29 AM, Gruher, Joseph R
<joseph.r.gruher@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]

I believe that directIO via the kernel client will go all the way to
the OSDs and to disk before returning. I imagine that something in the
stack is preventing the dispatch from actually happening
asynchronously in that case, and the reason you're getting 300 IOPS is
because your total RTT is about 3 ms with that code...

Ilya, is that assumption of mine correct? One thing that occurs to me
is that for direct IO it's fair to use the ack instead of on-disk
response from the OSDs, although that would only help us for people
using btrfs.
-Greg